Monday, March 12, 2007

Girly week end!

I survived the "Ginettes". We had an extremely busy but nice week end! Weather was amazingly beautiful and the girls loved any moment of their stay in Paris. Saturday we started early : we walked from Opéra to Place de la Concorde, then through the Jardin des Tuilleries we walked down to the Louvre. Went to see the nice garden of Palais Royal and the Gallerie Vivienne. Then took metro to Les Halles. Had a quick bite and then head to Notre Dame de Paris. Walked to St Germain de Près and had a nice minth tea at the St Germain's pub. Took bus to Bastille and walked to my favorite bistro " chez Janou". After a nice dinner and a huge mousse au chocolat we walked to the "Cantine des Ginettes Armées" which I can assure you arent't that armed after all! The ginettes here in Paris are much softer than in Turin and this place looked to me as a normal bar with a lot of women in it. Smoke apart! God heaven how much they smoke! I just saw couple of women kissing but in a very discreet way. Too bad this lack of "spicy" details! Next day, Sunday, around 7am, when I just had scarcely 5hrs sleep, Meggie opened one of my eyes and asked me if I was sleeping. I could have cried. But the weather was too beautiful to cry and so I got up early and went to the market with Meg and Wouter. The girls joined us around 12. Then all together we went up to Montmartre to visit the beautiful basilique du Sacre Coeur. After a a stroll through the place du Tertre we went down to Pigalle (the red lights distret of Paris), Wouter and Meggie went back home and we headed to Trocadero to see the Eiffel Tower. But it wasn't enough! And the girls wanted to go a boat tour of Paris! And so we did! Around 7h30pm we went back and had all together some chinese food at the my Levallois's place. Then coffee and cake to celebrate Claudia and Meggie. Meggie was totally happy and she danced for us, Claudia too: what a show !
It was a special day for Claudia and it was very special for me that she decided to celebrate her birthday here in Paris with me and Miky.Today Paris it's a little empty, sun is still shinning but my friends are gone and I feel it. It's nice to have my friends and family over, even when it's too much or it's not the right moment! Today I got several messages from Claudia. In one of them she wrote "ma che bel compleanno!". Mission accomplished!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: