Thursday, March 22, 2007

Eternity

Going to the "Eternal city" took really an eternity. When I got to the airport, Wednesday morning at 5h40, I found out that my plane was delayed. 3 hours delay. "Gosh" I thought " I could have slept 2 more hours!". Still patient I bought myself some fancy magazines and had breakfast! Time seems to slow down when you are at the airport, unless you are late! Any how finally we take off around 9h40. I enjoyed a little hour sleep and two hours later I landed in Rome Ciampino. Luggages took forever to get on the belt and one of mine was missing. Level of patience started to lower! It went to zero when the guy at the "lost and found" told me that he was going home because he was too tired. I thought he was joking. But he actually went away. Some poor soul helped me with the declaration and told me that would get back to me when luggage was found! When I was finally sitting in the bus that connects Ciampino to Rome Termini, my cell phone rang. The guy from the "lost & found" told me that he found my luggage and asked to go back to the terminal. Shit! Get of the bus, get out of the bus the other luggage, run back to the terminal and search for the guy. This fellow, God bless him, help me enormously and I was able to get my belonging back. Then back to bus and head for Roma! When I got to Termini train station I could not find a taxi! And when I did I was robbed 20€ to be left 5 minutes walking from the hotel. "God I love this country!!". I finally made to the Hotel d'Inghilterra by 3pm! It took me 10hrs to get to my final destination in ROMA!! When the concierge told me that my room wouldn't be ready for at least an hour I exploded! "This is your problem" I said. "I want a room and I want to take a shower, NOW!" After some computer checks I was given a bigger room, and it was NOW! When I got upstair (room n.374) a huge painting of the Madonna was hanging on my head! Just to remind me that life is sofference and travelling is becoming now a days a sort of hell on earth! So, please, stop saying "Uhhh how fun is travelling!!"

No comments: