Sunday, March 04, 2007

balalaika

The Russian adventure is finally over and I surivived! Well I have to admitt that the good Lord thought that I wouldn't make it so decided to make my life easier and raise the temperature! So the expected cold was not "that" cold!! So instead of -22 degrees we experienced -15 degrees the first day and then the termometer went up everyday till almost 0 degrees when it started to snow! For Russian fellows it was almost spring! Russian girls, extremely beautiful creatures, defy cold and icy streets walking in the hightest fancy boots you can imagine and they do not fall with their butts on the ground! Still wandering how they do it! Moscow is huge, trafic is allucinating, it's polluted and it smells bad but there is something magical about this place. I felt like Lara, without Doctor Zhivago, and seeing places where the movie was shot was like hearing balalaika's music! Every one I met asked me why I have a Russian name and I made up two stories: one with a Russian lover and the other more plausible that my mom was in love with Russian literature! The real story behind my name is another one but I will tell you another time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Olg,
Glad to hear you survived the COLD weather. While you were away Hamilton had 2 snow storms, and the kids got a snow day off school. While our parents are enjoying the Acapulco sun and you are enjoying Russia, we had to remove snow that reaches past John's knees. Talk to you soon.
Nancy

Olga said...

Hello darling!! How nice to hear from you! I had a nice time in Moscow, enjoyed the ballet very much and had dinners in lovely places but travelling is exhausting and we worked really a lot so I am extremely tired and whan I got back from Moscow the pile of laundry was so high that I could climb on it! We are now sleeping in the new appartement but I still have brush my teeth in the kitchen sink, and it's still a total mess!
My parents left today and it's always hard for me to see them leave!
Don't forget to write your everyday's stories because I love your writting...
Many kisses!
Olga