Monday, January 15, 2007

Premonition...


There was a reason behind the silence. Some how I knew it. I felt that something was "wrong". I tried to convince myself that this lack of news, from Canada, was due to hectic weeks but a little voice in my head told me that I'd better check! Yesterday, around 4pm my time, I called my Canadien parents' house! Gigino picked up and from his tone I knew that something had happened. Nancy had fought for her life and she was, just now, out of danger! While I was asking myself what was going on, Nancy had been attacked by a "flesh eater virus!!" that in less than 9 hours actually "devour" your skin! What I have been reading today it's more than scary and I am still under shock! After talking with Gigino, I called John, Nancy's husband, to have more detailed news! Nancy felt sick (same symptom of a cold or flue) on Friday night, a strange but little dark rush, made its way on Nancy' breast. During the night this "thing" grew to the size of an apple! Scared they rushed to emergencies downtown Joseph's Hospital, where Nancy went under surgery only 3 hours later. A big portion of her skin was taken away and she remained in intensive care, under all type of antibiotics and morphines, for more than 4 days! All circumstances turned out in Nancy's favour : virus incubation, timing at emercengy, reactivity at the hospital, but it could have also gone wrong and I don't want even to think about it! I talked with Nancy, yesterday, at the hospital. It was a very emotional moment for both of us. I thank God, all the doctors and Nancy's family to have taken care of her. I thank Nancy for having fought fiercely and have won this "virus". Now I know that everything will be fine, again!

No comments: