Thursday, November 09, 2006

Perfect Timing!

Dear Olga,
I had a day off from work today. No, I didn't get to sleep in, I still had to wake up early and get Madeline and Gabriel off to school. After deciding not to drag the kids out of bed earlier this morning John went ahead and took the van to work. So, off we went walking to school. The kids were very happy today, I don't usually get a chance to take them to school, that's usually Nonna's chore of the day. After saying goodbye to the kids there I was standing alone thinking I'm not going home to clean the house. I didn't feel like doing any chores, I didn't feel like doing any laundry, I didn't feel like doing anything. So I decided to go and renew my Driver's License and Health Card downtown. Since I didn't have the van I decided to take the bus downtown, but then I didn't feel like waiting around for the buses. After talking to myself for 10 minutes I found myself at a bus stop. So I decided to take the first bus to Upper Ottawa Street and get the van from John. I ended up at John's workplace, took the van, went downtown and renewed documents. I just wanted to tell you that I felt soooo alone today, I don't know why?? I should have been happy to be alone and free to do whatever I wanted to do on my day off but I wasn't. Everyone was busy, John, Norma and Sandra were at work, the kids were at school, my mother even had plans to meet with Zia Clelia for lunch today. After running around town I didn't feel like going shopping so I went home. There I was talking to myself again, deciding wheather or not to get some house work done, then looking out the front window the mail carrier passed by. I had mail!!! It was an envelope from Paris with my name on it. It was of course a letter from you. I WASN'T ALONE ANYMORE. I was soooo excited to see what you wrote me. I opened up the envelope to find yet another envelope to open. It was a gorgeous braclet attached to a beautifully written birthday card. YOUR TIMING WAS PERFECT. I couldn't believe you remember my birthday and went to the trouble of sending me a gift. It was such a nice surprise. Thank you. I really needed to know someone was thinking of me and that someone was you.I just wanted to let you know you are an amazing person, with perfect timing.
Thank you again,
Love ya,
Nancy XOXOXOX

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dearest Nancy,

You can't imagine how much joy it gives me to know that you got my card TODAY, when you mostly needed it! That's what friends are for, isn't it? I am sure that many other surprises are on their way for you...because YOU are a very SPECIAL woman!

Friends forever!