Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Emotions on the phone...

What an incredible day! How many emotions in little more than 12 hours! And most of these emotions came via the telephone! I could have been a living commercial for Vodafone or AT&T! After many years I talked with Yessika that I know from my days in Mexico. She used to work for Acuaski but she was more to me than a simple employee. She is now 27 and she has two kids : Regina has 10 months and Carlos the same age that Meggie. I have many memories of Yessika, her tante Paulina and her kids Juan, Cheli and Blanca. Even if I am really far away I always tried to keep contact with her and she knows that she always count on me. My letters take forever to get to her but they do arrive in the little village on the Carretera Mexico-Acapulco. Yesterday before hanging up I told her "Sabes que eres siempre in mi corazon?" (Do you know that you are always in my heart?) And Yessika answered " Si senora, lo se, y Uds tambien" (Yes I know it and you too!). In all these years I could not have her call me simply Olga but it's not the name that counts!! Then after a call with Micaela I took the courage to call Francis. Not esay call. I have to find a way to tell him that he needs to make an extra effort if he doesn't want to loose her. I have been thinking about this phone call several days. And nights. When Francis answered the phone words came out fluently and he told me with a broken voice that he loves her. He always did. Even if what he did can prove the contrary. He doesn't know what to do. I sense that he's sorry for having cheated on her but he doesn't know how to tell this. It's not so easy for everybody to open up even with the beloved ones. He thanks me for having called, he says that's "adorable!". I feel hopeful for them, for an istant, but I don't have the presmption to think that my words can help them through this rough time. They are just words but who knows...! Then I talked to my mom, shared with her my stories, kissed her good night and then went to the Queenies for an apéritif with my collegues-friends Clém, Patricia and Kathy. Then took a metro back home, tenderly touched my daughter's hair who was already deeply sleeping!

No comments: