Sunday, February 25, 2007

What an emotion...

Irina, my Russian colleague, organized a "special" surprise for our first night in Moscow! Ballet at Bolshoi! Since I was a little girl and attempted to be a ballerina I dreamt to see a ballet at the Bolshoi, one of the most famous theatre of the world! I was extremely excited to pass the the door of this famous place where dancers like Rudolf Nureyev have danced! I had the pleasure to see Svetlana Lurkina, leading soloist of the Bolshoi Ballet, dancing Giselle! Born in Moscow in 1979, Svetlana Lunkina was once described by former Bolshoi Ballet director Alexei Fadeyechev as "the hope of the company". Physically gifted, beautifully proportioned, and moreover of an exquisite delicacy and femininity; with her fragile, ethereal appearance Svetlana Lunkina seems destined to dance the romantic repertoire. And I can assure you that watching her dancing was a real emotion!!

No comments: