Sunday, October 22, 2006

Movies and old flames...

This is one of those stories I will tell my grand-children when I will be an old, wrinkled, distinguished lady and they will not believe that, once, I also had been young if I don't show them pictures. When I was 23 I went on unforgattable trip to Mauritius. It was a special offer for Travel Agents, the only people who dared to fly over critical aereas such as Egypt, during the Gulf War. A 12 hour flight brought us from cold Zurich to sunny and warm Port Louis, the capital of Mauritius. Before leaving I was told that Gerard Depardieu was filmimg the movie, Mon père ce heros, on the island, ant that the crew and some actors were staying at our hotel. Wow actors, exotic location, little bikinis...everything seemed so easy, so possible, so reachable! We could not wait to be there!! Beaches, scooter trips, boat excursions, shopping, little restaurants...our days went by with this rythm till one day when I was at the reception of the hotel when a man in his thirdies asked me if I wanted to joim him, later in the afternoon, for a cocktail at the pool bar! Well not really a date but just a drink! "Why not?" I said to myself. So on one of the most beautiful sunset I ever seen Marc told me that he was the first director's assistent and that he was filming with Depardieu...and that his previous work had been with Win Wenders! He got my full attention! Some of you may not know that back then I was attending University to become a movie critic...so you can imagine my total excitment of being able to talk with such a person!! I was asking him questions, trying to be funny and smart and I guess I succeded because he asked me if I wanted to go to dinner with him and the rest of the crew. Mr Depardieu would not be part of the group but nevertheless everybody else would be there so I could not resist! He kindly extented the invitation also to my gilfriends but they declined because they thought it was "dangerous" to hang around with these people! "Dangerous?? What the hell!!" I said to myself so I decided to go on my own. I walked along the beach with Marc and I have to admitt that I was little scared and maybe the thought that my gilfriend were right went through my head but I made it to the restaurant safely. When we walked in at least 12 other people were already there and I was introduced to everybody. And it was in that moment that I saw him.He was sitting on my right. He was suntanned and his curly blond hair were smelling like the sea! I was not really paying attention to him and this got little to his nerves so he said something in French that sounded quite musical so I turned towards him " Tu fais quoi dans la vie?? What do you do in your life??" He looked at me and " Je joue dans le film avec Depardieu! I play in the movie with Deardieu! Je suis le copin de sa fille dans le film! I am the daughter's boyfriend!" No fucking way! A young actor was, actually, flirting with me!! I don't know what got into me but poor Marc paid for my dinner and I run away with Patrick! We ran through some woods and the only light we could see it was the moon reflecting her rose face in the see. We stopped and kissed. We laughed and we run back to the hotel. We decided to do something wild..and totally dressed we jumped into the hotel swimming pool! Splash!! Yes, everybody turned their heads and all thought that we were nuts!! We laughed, and hugged and kissed! Then wet till our bones we went to Patric's room to get a towel and dry up a little! Anyway what I saw when I came in his room, just besides his bed, it was the movie's script and just like that all my sexual fantasies were gone and all I wanted to know was how he prepared for a scene, and how many times they had to shoot before the director was satisfied, and the role of photography and etc.! The poor guy just gave up! I missed a night of wild sex over a script!! Can you believe it?? I really can't!! I saw Patrick the next day and the day after and when it was time for me to leave he asked me to stay till the end of the shooting, to share his room, to make some appearences in the film as a ...but before leaving for this vacation I had just signed my first working contract and I did not have the gutts to stay! I left Mauritius thinking that maybe I missed I big occasion of my life and that probably I would never seen Patrick again! When I got home I could not stop talking about this amazing vacation and about Patrick. One afternoon when I was out he called me from Mauritius! I was on a pink cloud! Patrick called me!! So I made up my mind that I had to see him again.I organized a weekend in Paris: with the plan that I would visit Miky and I would meet Patrick! And so I did. I took hours in getting ready that day, thinking what to say, thinking what to wear, and thinking if he would have showed up!When I saw on my watch that he was 10 minutes lateI knew that something was wrong! Then I saw him! He crossed the road and I could just hear my heart beating and I had no saliva in my mouth. He was there. But he was with a friend! Oohh!!The magic was gone! We spent sometime talking in a bar about the movie and the vacation but it was just not the same. I waved him good bye and I went back to Miky's place! The next day, for the first and only time in my entire life, I missed my plane!! But this is another story!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a bitter-sweet story...thank you for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping me a line..It's so nice to see that someone, actually, took the time to read what I wrote!

Ymwroli!