Friday, October 20, 2006

Canada in our minds....


This morning while I was brushing Meggie's hair before bringing her to school at 8h30 at I had this little conversation with her:
Me: " Do you know who is coming in 2 weeks??" showing my hand in a victory sign.
Meggie : "Roos??"
Me : "Not Roos!"
Meggie: "Sela??" she asks with with her big eyes wide open!
Me : " Yes, Sela is coming in 2 weeks with Jesse, Bjorn and Evelien!!"
Meggie giggles with joy and then she look at me and she askes : "Why is she coming??"Me : "Because she loves you!" I tell her immediately!

Meggie takes a moment and then she tells me " Allora prima andiamo da nonna e poi andiamo da Sandra" (first we go to nonna and then we go see Sandra!)."E' lontano ma prendiamo l'aereo" (it's far away but we take the plane)! So we talk about Jophes (she can't say Joseph) and Stephanie and also about Tiger, their cat!
I guess Meggie associeted in her mind love and visiting...we visit the people we love! And even if it's far, and it's expensive ...these are the people we love, we remember and we want to see again. Meggie still thinks of amica Sandra...

Canada is far away but Meggie is right : it's enough to take a plane...!

No comments: