Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Turning the pages...


I am not sure how I crossed, one day, Petite Anglaise 's path. Now that I come to think about it, it might have been via the site Expat. that I was visiting when I was still living in Holland and dreaming of my return to Paris. Few lines and I was totally seduced by the writting and the story of Ptt Anglaise. I could not stop, I had to know more and I checked, many times per day, to see if she would have updated her blog or just to read the new comments. She became part of my life. It was, a ritual. Still is. Every morning I would sit at my computer, drinking hot chocolate, to read her blog. I would continue my day with "fulltime-mothers duties" but sneaking sometimes to go and load her page. I dared, few times, to leave a comment with the nickname of Eau. Then my life took a new challenging turn. I moved back to Paris. A new job and a different life. Even in the extremely busy months I always found a moment to read Ptt. Maybe by printing her posts and reading them in the metro. Then on April 1st I could not resist and I asked if I could join at the bloggers meeting that Ptt was organizing in Paris. I had to go and I had to see her. I arrived quite early and briefly met with Ptt. She was, definitely, different from what I had imagined : more shy and more reserved than what she could have appeared in her blog! Blond long hair, porcelain skin and a cute dress! Very Brittish! She looked almost ethereal. The evening went on smoothly and I met Dongurigal and Lapagefrançaise. It was a mild night and I was happy to be part of something that I did not understood fully. Then Ptt disappeared. I mean from her blog: I was really concerned that something bad had happened but readers were giving no clue apart that Tadpole, her daughter, and she were fine. Then the come back with some posts about "dating on Meetic" which I thought weren't her best. But they were a diversion. Then the news about being dooced. I had appointment that day with Dongurigal and Ptt was also on the list of our topics. Then an apartment for Ptt and some other lovely posts. And then the BIG news!! The book deal! I always knew or sensed that this would happen, but not like this! Not so dramatic! How crazy life can be..and how exciting, a real rollercoster! I can't wait to hold Ptt's book in my hand and finally turn the pages...

No comments: