Thursday, October 12, 2006

ICE BAR

After a long day that includes a flight from Paris to Milan, a presentation of the hotels in front of an audience of 20 people then another meeting and last but not least an official dinner with all the Italian management...my only wish is to go to bed and read a book before falling in Morpheus's arms, but this time my colleguas decide that it's too early and we have to go out! We are in Milan!! "Ok, ok" I say in a totally unconvinced tone! So to "animate" me they decide to give a try to the ICE BAR! Brrrrrr!! Ok let's procede in order...you have, first, to enter this city hotel where you are welcomed by a young guy who tells you how it works then after paying 17€ which includes entrance and cocktail the guy puts on your head a thick coat with black gloves attached as you were going "bear hunting"!Then he opens a door and leaves the clients closed into this "preparation room" that cools you down before entering the ICE BAR! "If we have to do it let's do it!!" I scream ! We open the door and "WOW" we say in unison! The place is really surreal, you are transported in less than one second into this fairytell world...at -7 degrees! I know that for my Canadian's friends and sisters this it's nothing nasty but going from 20 to -7 degrees it's quite a shock!! We choose from a list of Absolut Vodka's cocktails that we drink in less than a blink! So with a "reindeer's spirit" we decide to end our evening at the ROIALTO! And I was the one who wanted to go to bed...early!

No comments: