Thursday, December 21, 2006

Mohamed



Today, as usual, I brought Meggie at school around 8h30. As usual we run the last meters because we were late, as usual I gave her a big kiss and a hug and I wished her a good day. Then another mom stopped me, which was unsual. She gave a little paper and asked me to read it.

The paper said that this week end a tragedy had occured to one of kids of the school. I looked at her and she told me that Mohamed, a boy in Meggie and her son Alban's class, had died in an accident. A heavy load got on my chest and I asked what happened to Mohamed. This 4 years old boy died in a terrible fire that burned down the apartment of his aunt. He was there because his mom was taking care of moving the last few things into this new flat, in St Denis, far from Levallois where they could not live any longer because too expensive.

Mohamed died because misery, poverty and social distress still exists. And it's so close to us. I can't stop thinking of little Mohamed who was so sad to change school, I can't stop thinking of his mom who has to live with such a excruciating pain for the rest of her life. I can't stop crying and I feel so sad and my words are just so vain...

No comments: