Saturday, June 30, 2007

Weeds

While I'm waiting for Spooks' season n.4 I decided to give a try to this new serie called "Weeds" and bought myself the first two seasons. On the cover it says that it's highly addictive and it couldn't be more true. I'm never been too much into "joints" when I was young, well sure I tried and smoked some herbs but the side effects of being sleepy and hungry were not so exciting for me...and now that I'm grown up I don't even smoke "normal" cigarettes and I became one of those intollerant ex smokers but nevertheless I found "Weeds" a real treat! I always liked Marie Louise Parker since she played in 1991 "Fried Green Tomatos" and her interpretaion of a widow selling "weeds" to support her family is just great! Despite being billed as a comedy, the perceptively written show is actually a credible look at lives stuck in neutral and people almost trapped by their addiction to a certain level of upper-middle class comfort. The dialogues are irriverent and I just love it. So if you haven'tdone it yet....why don't you give it a try too???

No comments: