Friday, September 29, 2006

Niagara on the Lake!

I cannot imagine going to Canada without making a stroll through the romantic streets of Niagara on the Lake. This little town has an old England atmosphere, a delicate touch of nostalgy that seduces me every time. I cannot imagine going to Niagara on the Lake without stopping at the Christmas' store. It's enough to cross the entrance's doors to be catapulted into a living Christmas' carol. The music, lights and smell bring back to my memory the same excitement I felt, when I was a child, and I could not wait to open all the gifts under the Christmas' tree. It's pure magic. I love the tinkling of the crystal spheres, the strong smell of bark on the Christma's tree, finding the right spot for the most beautiful Christmas's sphere!! What a joy singing "White Christmas" or "Jingle Bells"...! If you walk little further, down the road, you will find the "Prince of Wales", and old building transformed into a magnificent hotel. I dreamt of staying in this cozy hotel since I was 17! Why none of my partners has ever caught my desire to stay here? I guess that I will not found an answer so when Sandra told me that Jerry had booked a night there for their honeymoon I was so excited for her. A little jealous too.
So, now, can you probably understand my excitement when Nancy told me that John was driving us to Niagara on the eve of Sandra’s wedding! I made a little jump with joy!! Steve, Jerry’s son, decided to join us and the 4 of us left for our little excursion. The trip to Niagara is already quite awesome because you drive through vineyards and beautiful mansions. It’s like being in a postcard! But this was a special evening: just before going to the Falls an idea come up to our minds: “Why we don’t make a surprise to Sandra and Jerry?” So we parked again, rushed into the hotels and asked to the manager if they had honeymoon packages. The choice was not easy but, finally, we decided for a bottle of wine, a bouquet of white roses, and strawberries dipped into chocolate! The guy asked us if we wanted to write a card to accompany the gift! So we settled in the fancy hotel’s hall and started to write this card to the future couple : “Jerry be gentle but Sandra be wild” “We want also a night of wild sex!”. It was a moment of complicity, a moment of laughter, a moment to remember.!
When we drove later on that evening to the Falls, the rainbow’s colour enlightened the mauve sky above our heads. We smiled because we knew this was a perfect evening!

No comments: