Friday, September 22, 2006

The cake!

We cannot finish the story of Sandra&Jerry's Wedding without mentioning the dinner and above all the cake. But let me go back to Licia e Gigino's just after the cerimony! Licia wanted to organize for her daughter a nice cocktail but Sandra said that no one would show up and it would have been just too much! No one would come, eh?? Everybody was there and poor Licia had to improvise a light brunch out of nothing but without blinking an eye Licia was able to solve the situation and everyhting went smooth nevertheless! Nancy, Norma and me left earlier for the reception because we still had to do some arrangements before the guests'arrival. Sandra and Jerry had chosen a cute hall at the Knights of Columbus. People started to arrive and a part a little mistake, in the beginning, when we thought that table 1 was on the right but it was on the left, everything went really well and the dinner could start! Zia Clara was in charge of the catering: an outstanding Italian menu was served with nice antipasti, homemade lasagne, meat and vegetables, fried calamari, and much more! Really delicious! gnammi gnammi !My table was animated by Nancy and John, their kids and John's parents and also Lialiane's daughter with her husband. Some moments will remain always in my mind : Sandra and Jerry first dance, Angie's speech and Sandra telling how much she loved to have me there! I could not have being happier! I laughed, so much, with Nancy and Norma in the parking lot while smoking a cigarette (just one and just for special occasions!) and making the squeezed boobies' pictures! Around 7pm, finally, the sun made his way from the clouds and I asked the newly married couple to come out for a sunny photo! But the party still had to begin....we danced, throught the evening, Nancy took off her hills, Norma changed her dress in a more confy pair of shorts and the bride looked always fresh as a rose!!! Steve, Jerry's son, found the courage to ask Maria Celeste for a dance, and I never saw anybody happier, afterwards!! Zio Vittorio asked me for a dance, and so did Italo and John's dad! The average age dropped thanks to Italy and I am grateful to him for this!! And finally it was time to cut the cake : Sandra and Jerry tasted the cake and I can imagine what they were laughing about while they were eating it! Norma thought that the cake was really gorgeous but tasted like crap! I had to laugh really hard!! But we kept on dancing and when finally the dj said it was time to go home I thought I had no more strenght to walk to the car! The bride and Jerry, after kissing us, left for their still movimented night, and I went home with Norma. But we stopped first at Licia's to say good night and to chat little more! Finally Norma and I dived in Sandra's old bed and I guess 5 seconds later we were both snoring! Yes girls they do snore and the bride too!!

No comments: