Wednesday, September 13, 2006

2 decades of my life...!!

  • Went on a 4 weeks trip, after graduading from High School, through the States (New York and California), went of course to see my family in Hamilton (1987)
  • Law Studies at the University of Turin, even with a high average I quit because I found a job with FrancoRosso. This is one of my biggest regret so far!! But not the only one...
  • Went to Sandra's wedding on June 1991. I was one of her bride's maid! Went back the same year on September. Some people know why.
  • Met Massimo and married him in 1993 after dating for one year and a half. Sandra was at my wedding!
  • Went to see Sandra's & Family with Massimo in 1994.
  • After 3 years and one week (July 31st 1996) I decided that this marriage was not working and after a long and painful period I made up my mind and left.
  • Went to live alone in Rivoli in a beautiful apartment. Quite sad time, dated couple of guys but I have to admitt just one worth it.
  • 1996 went on a trip to Mexico invited by Antonella. The purpuse was not to be alone at Christmas' time and to learn to waterski. Symphatized with Marco who was the coach.
  • Saw Marco again in January and joined him in Miami for a small trip. Started dating and decided to start business together.
  • April 1997 Dema and I take over Aquaski waterskiing school close to Tequesquitengo, Morelos. Went to the Waterskiing World Championship in Medellin, Colombia
  • October 1997 moved to Mexico.
  • 1998 went back to University in Mexico. Studyed Languages this time.
  • 1999 got really sick with typhood fever, while in hospital, my beloved Nonna passed away. This is so far the most sad day of my life. But not the only one....
    My dad had a heart attack and Marco got expulsed from the country. Our relation did not hold against the "turbolence" and we went separate ways.
  • Went to Canada again, finally. With short hair and a sad heart! July1999
  • End of August of this same, extremely long year, Michèle invites me in Paris. To get some perspective about my life.
  • In Dec. 1999 I found a job in Paris and short after I moved in with Arnaud. I lived close to my oldest friend Micaela and Michèle.
  • September 2000 on a strange evening out with Arnaud and her good friend Aurore I met Wouter.
  • December 17th 2000 Wouter asked me to marry him under the Christmas tree. I said "yes"!!
  • January 2000 I left Paris to move to the Netherlands.
  • 19th March 2001 Wouter and I got married in the Little Chapel of the Flowers in Vegas! A beautiful honeymoon through Nevada, Arizona and then to Polinesia in the SoutPacific.
  • July 2001 : got pregnant!
  • November 2001 we moved to Italy. Bought a house in Villarbasse. Close to my parents
  • 18th March 2002 Margherita is born in Torino. Margherita was my Nonna's name.
  • One year later, 2003, we moved to Spain to start "El zocalo"café with Gio.
  • End of 2004 we moved back to Holland. Giovanni remained in Spain.
  • Summer 2005 went to Canada to celebrate 20 years of friendship and sistership
  • End of 2005 against all odds and with just few people supporting me, I accepted a job in Paris.
  • January 2006 I move to Paris. Meggie and Wouter will join me.
  • July 2006 I stepped on a plane and went to Sandra's wedding.
  • September 2006 I live, again, close to Micaela, unfortunately Michèle moved to Geneve.

20 years. Sandra and I said "I do" twice". We had kids. And we both are married with widowers.
Coincidence again??

3 comments:

Olga said...

No one is commenting so I will do it!! Just by reading this post I get tired!! How could I move so many times? 5 times in the last 5 years!!! ahhhhhhhh! Never again!!

Norma said...

Olga..never say never.... unbeleiveable...I never new all that stuff about you...you think you know someone...going through everything you have been through in life and live to tell about it...my dear, you should right a book about your life..where you have been..who you have met along the way...and all the good and bad times you have experienced...Olga..you for one can say you have lived a full life and still going!!!!
Love ya!!!

Olga said...

Norma!! I loved so much when I saw, this morning, that someone had, actually, commented on this post and I was wondering who that might be? I knew it : my little sister!! Yes I fully lived my life, I still try to do it, but it's quite a tirening job and sometimes I feel like I'm 58!! Sometimes, though, I feel I'm still 18...and that's what keep me going on! Hey, I want to read your list too!! And be aware I found pictures of 1985 and it's gonna be fun!!!Love ya too!!