Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Keep a promise!

"We should always keep our word!" I said that I would search for old pictures and that I would post them on "amiche e sorelle". It took a little while but I kept my promise!! Sandra, Ombretta, me, Nancy and little Norma! Can you imagine that Norma is now taller than everybody else in the picture?? And Ombretta?? Well she was on this exchange student programm and while I was matched with Sandra she was matched with Angela. But she loved to stay with us and I have many memories of Ombretta at the Tarquini's. This picture was taken in 1985. When our Canadian adventure was over and we returned back to Italy, Ombretta and I kept contact. We were sending postcards and making phone calls, and promosing each other that we would see each other again, but then one day she moved in a new place and I "lost" her. Everytime I was back in Hamilton they all asked me if I had news of Ombretta but unfortunately my letters returned with the stamp "address unknown". Then couple of years ago, I tried to find her, searching on internet on the white pages....and found a possible match! I was not sure if it was proper to call this person and ask if she was the Ombretta that in 1985 had spent 5 months in Hamilton, Ontario but then one day I just dialed the number and...trying to overcome the embarassement I asked if she was "our" Ombretta! And guess what?? I really had found her!! It was so exciting to exchange news after all these years! I emailed her, couple of days ago, to tell her about this "voyage" in the old years where she was part of an incredible adventure that had changed our lives forever!

No comments: