Sunday, May 06, 2007

Finding Norma a man!

I'm getting too old to party with Norma.....I had to take a minute and explain how CRAZY Friday night was for us. We ended up meeting Patty at a Bar/Resturant called MUSTANGS in Stoney Creek....the food was great. Patty had the Nacho's and I had this incredible Honey Oak Chicken Sandwich....and Norma had the same in a wrap. We were there for a few hours, laughing and catching up on some gossip. After we dropped off Patty I had a knew we weren't going straight home. Yup, I was right, we instead picked up Angelica at 10pm and headed to the Portuguese Club. I didn't want to hang out there all night, and Thank God Norma just had to drop a CD off for a friend. But we didn't leave without having a few drinks.....I had a bottle of water, you know we I'm not much of a beer drinker. So we leave the club and head to John St. thinking to myself..."OK where can we cause some trouble tonight and at the same time pick up guys for Norma???" After circling John St. afew times.....I have to mention WHY we circled John St a few times......we ended up passing a Firestation that had a few GORGEOUS Firefighters standing outside and so Angelica and I thought ....sure why not Norma could date a fireman....lets go check them out. That was fun for about 5 minutes...so off we left and we ended going up the street to TAILGATE CHARLIES. It was probably around 11:30pm and that's when our night began. We go in and see nothing but young kids....19-23yr olds....the music was good but come on , we were on a mission, we needed to find a guy for Norma...after walking around a few times we headed down stairs to the "LIQUID KITTY", it's classified as a Martini Bar in Hamilton, the crowd is much older and live bands play there. So, there we were... Angelica and I didn't have any shame....we are married, we didn't care....we made fools of ourselves, but it was all for Norma. We stopped guys as they walk past us and saw if they are suitable for NORMA. Angelica has a list of questions that she asked them ...#1 How old are you?#2 Are you married?#3 How much $$ do you make ?and the most important question was ......#4 Do you have any kids????? This lasted all night, John showed up around 1:30am just in time to preapprove any choices Angelica and I were making for Norma. Neadless to say we were the last 4 people to leave the bar at 2:30am. Actually Norma was the last to leave the building, she was throw out literally by her BOUNCER friends. Thank god when Norma meets someone, she leaves a lasting impression.....the bouncers all knew her and had a howl throwing her out. I have photos to prove it!!!! Anyways by the time she said her goodbyes and had a last smoke...it was 3am. I was in pretty good shape, John and I decided to pick the kids up from my moms house.....I know it seamed terrible waking them up at 3:15am but it was better for us in the morning. My kids are use to it, they are use to getting disturbed while they sleep, that 's what happens when you need to get to work by 7am. I have to mention John and I woke up the next day around 10am and I don't know about him, but I felt like a bag of Shi---!!! My head was killing me, my voice was rough and it seamed as if I drank all night. I had the worst hang over........to my surprise the only thing I drank all night was a 1/2 bottle of wine cooler.....I'm getting too old to party with Norma. Anyways, our mission wasn't accomplished, Norma didn't meet the man of her dreams that night, but there is always NEXT TIME!!!

Written by Nancy, May 5th 2007

No comments: