Thursday, April 05, 2007

The power of scent to create memory ....

Once I smelled Blaise Mautin's perfume created for the Park Hyatt Vendome I said "this is my perfume, this is me!" A mix built on woody, minty patchouli, somehow modern and classic at the same time. Excited about having found "the one" I called the Hyatt Vendome and asked how and where I could buy this perfume! I was given the number of Mautin's boutique and suggested to call to have some extra information. Which I did. A charming lady told me that each Mautin's creation was different and specially taylor made for his clients. Prices were ranging from 1500€ up! Silence! The dream was broken! I could never have a Blaise Mautin's perfume! I was given some hotel samples (bath gel & body cream) that I "still" use piously, in special occasions. Today is one of those special occasions. If diamonts are forever scents have the power to create memory!

No comments: