Thursday, August 17, 2006

Yes, I do!!




"Yes I do" she said!!

Sandra got married! This was the reason of this 8th trip to Hamilton!I knew about this wedding since last year but I did not know if I could be part of it till the end of June...! Then, one really early morning I woke up and I knew that I would find a good deal (well good for high season!!) to go to Canada! And believe or not I did find it! Totally thrilled I called Norma to tell her about my ticket to Toronto and about the idea of "keeping" my trip a "secret" to Sandra! Norma thought it was a great idea and with Nancy's conspiracy we kept "our secret"!! Norma, Nancy and I exchanged emails, texts messages and our plans were getting more and more precise. Then one day I had to call Sandra, who was still expecting a reply to her invitation, to tell her that I could not make it! I still remember the her voice telling me "it's ok Olga, I understand, it's a small wedding and you have so many things going on there" but she sounded truly sad! I had to make this call, it broke my heart to do it but it was the only way to make this "surprise" happen!! Busy at work I was trying to hold my excitement...! I was counting the days and also Nancy and Norma were doing the same! Everyone was busy finding the dress for the wedding, going to the hairdresser in Italy (I will explain this later!) and getting ready for the big day!Here some correspondence between the girls!!

07/07/2006 22:54
Olga... you are tooo much... i'm not expecting you to organize anyhthing especially from Paris...lol
Don't worry about anything... Just worry about getting your butt here... that's all... We'll find a nice place here. There is a night Italian restaurant near me... There pretty good.
Anywyays...take it easy... and we'll see you very very soon...
Take care... XOXOXO
Norma!!!

Morning,
7 days to go!!!!!!!!Nancy

jeu. 13/07/2006 21:31 Hey,
This time next week you will be en route for Pearson Internation Airport.
It's really exciting!
The quest for the dress is put on hold. I worked days Mon,Tues and Wed,and Mon and Tues were wasted nights, the kids had soccer games....Did I mention John coaches both Madeline and Gabriel's soccer teams. Ya, just kill me
now. Tonight and Friday night are also wasted nights I'm on afternoon shift at the hospital(2pm until 10pm). John needed the van this afternoon, so I had to take 3 buses to get here. I know don't get me stared today I'm pissed.... and we all know how I am when I'm pissed. I just need to relax, get my work done and think of the weekend. That is when I have planned to go looking for a dress. Yes, I am coming to the airport, can't wait, I love going there.
One week to keep this secret from Sandra. I haven't realy seen or spoken to her in a few days , so for me it's been easy. I think Norma is having a harder time.Hope everyone is well, please give my best to Wouter and Meggie, hug and kisses for Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital (I'm @ work right now)
PS: When are you going to Italy to get your "Highlites" done. When I think of that, it still makes me laugh.
Ciao

17/07/2006 03:02
Hello my dear!!
A little hello from Italy! My mission is accomplished : hairdresser,
dentist and notary to sell my car! So finally I can put my butt in the
plane and show my face in Canada, without grey hair!! hahahah In few
hours we drive back to Paris!! So just 3 days to GO!!!
I really can't believe it...that in less than 60 hours I will be there!!!
baci cari a tutti!
Can't wait to see Sandra's face on Wed!!
Ciaoooooooooooooo!!!
Olga

Hey newly blonde,
How was italy? How many hrs does it take to drive from Paris to your Parents house? Did the whole family go?
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED IN HAMILTON ASWELL.......I found a dress, yesterday John and I went to the states and hit the shops. To my surprise, the first shop we stopped at was where I found my outfit. We got to the Military Mall just over the boarder (Buffalo) @10:00 and by 11:00 we were done looking.
We spent the rest of the day simply shopping for FUN. It was great. With the canadian dollar being so good, it's worth going to the states to shop.
I can't believe you are going to be here in 3 days. Sandra is going to SHIT, you know she is going to kill us for keeping this from her. Ahhh, well. You are really going to like Jerry and the kids, they are great.
Can't wait to see you @ Pearson International. What terminal anyways??
See ya soon,
Nancy

Hi there,
You sound so excited, only one more day, Yes I am going to be off while you are here, I just have to get throught today's shift, then I'll be off. Didn't I tell you.......forget about sleeping in the tent, we cleaned out the BARN for you and Norma to stay in. Only the best for our 3rd sister.
So I'll see you tomorrow at Terminal 1. Have a wonderful flight.....
Ciao
Nancy


18/07/2006 23:45
It's 5:45pm this time tomorrow you'll be in HAMILTON, see ya nancy


On July 19th, just 4 days before the wedding, I finally stepped into an AIRCANADA's plane and flew to Toronto! A big smile was on my face when, in the distance, the Toronto's skyline made his appereance! Yes, I did it! I was back!

No comments: