Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Two days in Paris...or more!!

Guys I am back to Paris!! Vacations are over and I am plunged, again, into normal life. Early wake up calls, office/work, home/sleep etc. Well I guess you know what I am talking about. This time it's not easy to be back. I mean, it's never easy but this time it's just little more difficult. Maybe because we had a marvellous time in Italy, maybe because Meggie is still in Italy and maybe because Wouter is in Holland busy with his new job, I find myself little lonely these days. Weather has been "just" awful here in Paris, it was raining when I left, and it's still raining now! Summer has simply forgotten about Paris!
So what the best thing to do?? Go and see a movie with a friend (the girlfriend in question is Micaela) : Two days in Paris was defenitely the right choice to cheer me up and have a good laugh! The movie is a funny comedy about the culture clash when an American discovers the French. The film is a treat because, for once, the joke is on both sides. Julie Delpy, the Parisian actress, wrote, directed and stars in the film. She uses her knowledge from 15 years living in the US to nail the clichés and mock the misunderstandings between French and Americans. You could apply these chichés to all mix-couples and that's why I heard myself laughing pretty loud couple of time...! Long list of ex-boyfriends apart!! Well... I have a little list!!!!

No comments: