Sunday, March 16, 2008

News from Paris!

So many things to do so little time!!What's new?? Months are passing by at a scary pace and we are already in March. Tuesady March 18th Meggie is turning 6! That cannot be?? I was pregnant not far ago...or at least so it seems but I have the sweet living proof that 6 years went by! In couple of months it will be my turn to be the b-day girl....that's really scary! I never thought that I would wake up and find myself being 40!! I'm not really sure how I will handle this new 'age'...but as Sandra said 'ages happens'...so let it be!! Apart from my philosophical thoughts about aging and time I have been really busy lately and this is why I have been sort of 'missing'on this blog ...!! I had to organize, finally (just small delay of six years!!) Meggie's baptism that will take place in Villarbasse on April 26th. Just for the record I had to get a permission from the French church to do this cerimony in Italy, then attend some night courses with Wouter and also dealing with the priest in Italy who was trying to be difficult but in the end all mellowed down and things seem good so far. My brother Gio is going to be the Godfather and my friend Claudia will be the Godmother. Then I'm also trying to buy out my mortgage (I had a variable mortgage and it raised like crazy in the last year) over Bineau just to keep busy with some paperwork! In short it's running to the bank, make photocopies, fill papers, run again to the bank and it will take at least a month before things are settled! And all this in addition with my work and all the travelling to bring Meggie up and down to Italy! But Wouter and I had the chance to spend 3 days alone in London while Meggie was at my parents!! It was great...we had good weather (for British standard!) went twice to theatre to see first'We will Rock You' and then'Billy Elliot' and then simly enjoying walking around without worrying about anything and doing everything our way!! Great!! Then Meggie and my parents flew back to Paris and we spent a nice long week end and had a great time together walking around the city and finding a new great brasserie in the 6th!! So what's next on the agenda?? Well, I have a trip to Madrid scheduled on April 7th and one to Barcelona on the 17th and then we are off to Italy but before this a girls week end will take place in Lyon on Saturday 29th : 7 ex high school friends out in town with no men and no kids...should be fun and you will know all about it when I'll come back! So I'm done here in Paris, now to you Hamilton!!

No comments: