Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Random

I have so many stories to write and so little time to do it...! Every day I say to myself " Olga you should write about this episode, or that fact of my day, it would be nice to share this with the one of two people who read this blog"...then million of other things come up and I end up without posting a single word on amiche e sorelle. Ok now in totally random order some of my thoughts : Is it just a coincidence that everytime I think of the subject of a post, Petite Anglaise writes a beautiful "piece" with the same ideas I had in mind??? Then she gets at least 75 comments, and I decide not to write the post because it would just a bad copy???? Just a little example....she write a delighful post about her daughter wanting to have red hair like Ariel...well I have been this close to write the exact same story! Meggie since forever wants to have red hair, just like the Little Mermeid! And I jump in horror thinking of those beautiful almost white hair ...being dyed in red!!! I hate being judgemental. I try not to be but sometimes I can't help it! And here it's why. I have told you about my friend Micaela. The one I used to go to school to and that lives just next door here in Paris. I told you also about her marriage problems. Well, she is still, one year after, in the same shit. And she doesn't see that he is the bad guy! But why in the hell she doesn't see it??? So I told her that I try to understand but deep down I don't! I have a diffult time at work. My boss and my colleagues are all very demotivated. I am too. Well I am working a lot, organizing the first workshop in Italy, which I want to be a success but I am really fad up to work like a dog and never get a compliment. Sometimes a simple thank you would be also welcome. And I don't start with the salary....Even donkeys get a little carrot now and then. No carrots here. To be honest I did not start to search for a new job for the simple reason that next year, for my 40, I want to go to Canada and I need my quota of holidays. Very simple like that. Paris. I love Paris. It's a fact. But sometimes this city gets to my nerves. It's so chaotic, dirty, and expensive that I don't see the beauty I came here for. Parisians are what thet are but as you know they are not famous for being friendly and some days I can tell you that this is not a urban myth. Thay can be real jerks. But this "urban rudness" is at home in London or NY too. It's just the problem of big cities. What I am wondering, for some months now, is if this is the right place for my family??? Oh I don't want anybody to think that I regret to have made the decision to come back to Paris! It was the best choice I ever made in my life. It saved me and saved my marriage. But now that things are really good I would like to offer to my family a more confortable place where to live. And here in Paris confortable goes with too many zeros!A nice appartment, in a nice area can cost more than a milion euro! Sometimes I dream of having a nice house, with a lovely kitchen with a view on a little and blossomed garden. And we cannot have this in Paris. And another thought comes to visit my mind, early in the morning and sometimes late at night. To have another child.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many decisions, eh. I really hope you're feeling up soon...the weather there doesn't help. Sigh!! Thinking of you.

Olga said...

Kath, this is so sweet of you!!
Thanks so much for this message!!
Feeling better already!
Bisous